Are we winning the battle against data hacking? Do you feel companies are doing enough to keep their customer’s personal data safe?
It has been half a year since the launch of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What should you do to stand up and fight Cyber Crime?
On May 25th 2018 the EU ruling came into effect in the shape of GDPR, if you have access to personal data about people in the EU, you are liable to comply to it.
What does this mean for you?
Here are some key areas of the regulation:
- Companies should deliver GDPR Staff training to all employees.
- All data (including customer, employee and supplier) that you collect the data of is under the umbrella of GDPR. This includes names, email addresses, medical info, bank details and more.
- It is illegal to collect a persons data without a valid reason. That reason could be sales contracts or marketing databases or it could be as simple as a newsletter sign up. In each case it’s up to you to make it completely clear what that data will be used for and then use it for just that purpose.
- Anyone has the right to ask a company what they’re doing with their data and the organisation has a month to respond and for free.
- Customers can also request a company to delete all personal data they may have stored about them unless its needed for legal reasons. They can also request a digital copy of all the data a company holds on them.
- If your company is involved in a data breach you must report it to the relevant supervisory authority.
What about training?
Under GDPR it is a legal requirement that any of your employees who handle the personal data of other employees or customers must receive training. The training will help your employees ensure they are handling persona data safely in accordance with GDPR. Alongside this, you should keep a record of training and provide update and refresher training.
This is where eLamb can help your business, big or small, become GDPR compliant. We have created a training module that will raise awareness of GDPR and give your staff a good knowledge of what it entails. This training can be used on its own or within our Learning Management System (LMS). It will allow you to keep a record of training and also supply refresher training automatically over the years. The system can also allow for any company policies to be included online. We can brand and include your own culture to the training/LMS too.
Find out more about us watch this 60 second clip and keep reading about our GDPR online training and assessments below.
To buy your GDPR Staff training for £1,499 + VAT email us or call us on 01325 734 885