Fire, Fire in Whitby Chip Shop

Local residents, business owners and customers were left shocked by two fires that struck Whitby’s iconic fish and chip café The Magpie, twice in 24 hours.

Fortunately nobody was injured as a result of either fire, but the roof of the distinct 18th Century building was badly damaged and the town was brought to a standstill as 8 fire engines and their crews attended the site.

As an eLearning provider, we’re passionate about the training and development of employees. We have developed a library of off the shelf eLearning courses and assessments specifically for the hospitality industry which includes Fire Safety.

Hospitality Clients include; QHotels, Travelodge, Home House, Great Fosters, Middleton Lodge, Swinton Park, Aquavit and more…

Incidents such as this serve to remind us how easily fires can begin and how sizeable the implications can be.

“Do you and your colleagues receive, regular and adequate Fire Safety Training?”

If you would like to see our suite of hospitality level 2 assured compliance eLearning modules and assessments including Fire Safety, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Licensing Laws training and more then please contact us or call 01325 734 885.

Don’t be shy say hello