It is great to hear one of the proposals in Australian is to create a new corporate offence of failing to prevent foreign bribery.
In the UK a similar offence exists in section 7 of the Bribery Act 2010 (UK). With the introduction of this provision, many companies caught by the UK legislation took significant efforts to improve their risk and compliance frameworks to prevent foreign bribery.
Here at eLamb we are already providing off the shelf bribery act eLearning courses and assessments to companies across the UK and US (known as the Foreign Corrupt Practise Act 1977). Although our courses are generic, they can easily be tailored to your required learning outcomes and fully branded – like all of our eLearning courses this can be delivered via your LMS system or ours.
Working with industry experts we have created a Bribery Act eLearning module that covers;
- The legal framework
- What constitutes Bribery and the risks facing a company
- Examples of Bribes
- The consequences of being caught & case studies
- The 4 main offences under the Bribery Act
- The difference between gifts and bribes
- Your obligations and how to report breaches related to the Bribery Act
This is then followed by an assessment on the Bribery Act 2010.