January 3rd marks the first working day of 2017 for many. it’s a time when the mind is fresh and strategic plans for the year are drawn up.
At eLamb, we’ve compiled 5 reasons why eLearning should be part of your New Year’s Resolution
1. It’s What your Learners Want
A recent report looking at 2,000 learners and their preferences concluded that the given the choice, modern-day learners want relevant, personalised learning that’s delivered at a pace they control and eLearning courses delivered at a time and on a device (mobile, laptop and tablet) that’ suits them.
2. It’s cost effective
There are both immediate and long term financial benefits with eLearning – you will see an immediate reduction in the time spent on classroom training and saving on course material, travel, hotels, trainers themselves.
You can read a case studyhere by City and Guilds Kineo covering how McDonald’s saved 2.5 million pounds per year with eLearning AND increased sales by 10% as a result of their eLearning training.
3. It’s Consistent
Unlike classroom training, eLearning ensures that each employee is exposed to the exact same training – i.e. the same material, delivery style and learning outcomes. eLearning allows you to ensure your team shares the same level of knowledge across the company. Consistent training means reliable performance and a consistent experience for your customers.
4. It’s Faster
eLearning is proven to increase the delivery cycle times by as much as 60% – here’s how.
- There is no travel time for the teacher or the employee’s
- Your face to face trainers no longer need to warm up and down a classroom of employees
- Employees can work at their own pace rather than that of the room
- Learning can take place at any time of day, not just between the hours of 9-5
- Employees can focus on their weaknesses rather than face ship-dip training across areas they are already confident in
- No manual marking – all reporting and feedback is instant.
5. It’s Scalable
Naturally, this will differ from each eLearning provider but with eLamb you can easily scale your eLearning in the following ways;
- Add new employees within seconds
- Add off the shelf eLearning courses within a few clicks of a mouse
- Add custom eLearning courses
- Swap Licences Instantly
With all the benefits to be gained, the ease of implementation, companies that can help like eLamb of course and the direction of technology eLearning is a great New Year’s Resolution to make for you and your employees.